Guidelines for Mass during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone attending mass.
If you are feeling ill, stay safe at home. We highly encourage those who are vulnerable (such as the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions) continue to participate in Mass via live-stream. (Go to our Quick Links and click on EWTN or watch EWTN on TV)
- Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks in church.
- Social distancing is no longer required.
- For people who are not fully vaccinated we recommend that you wear a mask inside church. They are not required outdoors.
- There are hand sanitizers as you walk into church that you are more than welcome to use.
- Holy Communion continues to be distributed on the hand.
- Priest, Deacons and Ministers will wear masks when distriibuting Holy Communion.
Thank you for your cooperation and the consideration of others.
Holy Cross Catholic Church is located in D’Hanis, Medina County, in the Archdiocese of San Antonio, TX. Our parishioners reflect the evolution of our community; descendants of the original Alsatian and German settlers of D’Hanis which was founded in 1847; Hispanics descended from original Texas settlers who were in this area before Texas was a republic and others that came later; and a growing population of newer arrivals that enjoy our small town community atmosphere.
We also serve Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Yancey, Medina County, as a mission parish.
We are a parish heavily focused on the Sacraments and sacramental life, and many of the activities of our parish revolve around the Sacraments. We value the traditional and yet accept the new, hoping that all members find our faith strengthening celebrations of the Holy Mass fulfilling.